how can we help the homeless

  • how can we help the homeless

    Posted by gods-child on February 22, 2023 at 9:41 am

    as we have seen in the past twenty-five [25] or more years the homeless seem to gather in cities begging for money or food this seems to be a perceived only option for the homeless as being on the streets

    i feel take a step back in time to the hobos and how they managed during those harder times and need not to move from place to place

    that said

    hobos used to go from place to place and work where they could and had some self-respect and was able to keep clean and respectable

    they foraged what they could off the land, made their own shelters and stoves and-such and worked for food money clothing lodging and-such

    now times are some-what easier as they do not have to risk their lives jump trains and-such

    could we not teach the homeless the olde ways of how to survive and folk who need work doing from cutting the lawn to washing windows to earn money or food or lodge in a shed for a night to a few nights while working in that area until they move on

    how to make hobo-stoves shelters forage be clean and respectable in mind body spirit and soul

    better still let them rent the empty properties that go to ruins if they choose to

    bona-fide

    KenJr replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • KenJr

    Member
    February 28, 2023 at 2:39 pm

    From my observations the homeless are mostly made up of mentally ill, and addicted. I’d dare say 75% of them need either a psychiatric or rehabilitation facility and in many cases both. The other 25% might get back on their feet if given the support and motivation. Those who aren’t physically disabled. Those 75% won’t likely be willing.

Log in to reply.