Reply To: Living in a home – not a SHTF bunker

• Summerhat-n-Chicks

May 8, 2023 at 10:55 pm

Wow, how great to read that I’m not alone with the clutter issue.

Our former house was somewhat bigger with a bigger basement. Though we had a massive yard sale, we didn’t get rid of quite enough so that our house now is sort of packed to the brim with old and new stuff. Even in our two car garage is barely enough room to for my tools.

I’m actually at the point where I just want to get rid of everything we can’t use in a shtf situation. I’m tired of trying to clean and there is something in every corner of every room. I think it’s important to have at least one room that is absolutely clutter free just to be able to breathe and not constantly being bombarded with the inevitable.

My point of view changed quite a bit over the last couple of years to an extent that I almost want to live in the house on prairie with nothing but the necessities, but, unfortunately, this is not the future we’re heading into.

And, yes, my husband has problems with letting go and that includes “stuff“ and while I’m planning a yard sale my husband just bought two vases at a yard sale. 😩