Reply To: A World Away

• BiggKidd

January 19, 2024 at 2:40 pm

Still debating the inverter… BUT

Sometime in the next thirty or so days I should no longer have battery woes! I have 32) 280 AH 3.2 volt cells coming. This an entire battery bank replacement. Taking out 650ish AH of old OLD AGM type cells and replacing them with 560 AH of NEW LifePO4 cells. These should out last me by a few years. They have a 8000 cycle lifespan, which is pretty much 22 years at once a day charging. My excysting bank had a usable 165 AH of storage roughly using the top 25-30%, the new cells will essentially double that using the middle 60% of their capacity which will give me about 335AH of usable power. The downside is the new cells need to be in a moderately controlled climate. So I’ve got that little (HUGE) technical difficulty to overcome. I’m thinking maybe dig a tiny basement under the power building by going right through the floor. Anyone else have any ideas? I could move them inside the house but I’d really rather not for a number of reasons. The main one being serious lack of space and the fire danger. Another option is to simply put them in an insulated box with thermostat controlled heaters. But that’s not going to help any with summers heat plus it uses valuable power to run the heat…