Reply To: Wind Power

• Hippocrates_Garden

January 14, 2024 at 10:51 pm

I’m curious, have you found any reputable research or long-term, non-sales pitch reviews indicating verticals are anything more than hype? I haven’t.

Regarding horizontals (the industry standard, for a reason), other than in very specific situations, and where the turbine can be mounted quite high, like 100 feet or more above the trees, houses or other structures in the immediate area, while they do generate power, rarely do they generate enough to warrant the cost, especially if the same money, for purchase, install, annually bringing it down to inspect and/or repair and re-erect, was instead put into solar, or batteries, pencil out. Again, I love the concept, but over 15 years of at least casually watching the space, I’ve seen very little evidence that it is worth it.. again other than in very specific locations.

We all believe our situation is different, and it is, but that doesn’t mean it’s the proper setting for the cool thing. (most of us also believe we are above-average drivers, which isn’t possible)